Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pig Pen

Not long ago I had a patient tell me I reminded him of Pig Pen from Charlie Brown. Offensive, right? Until he explained-he had seen me in the grocery store with all of my boys. He said I was forging straight ahead and focused on throwing things in the cart while they were all running and talking in chaos all around me. Yep, that was definitely me.

In the last 2 weeks these are actual true stories from our house:
-Watched my  3 year old carry a dog toy around in his mouth while wearing "puppy paws" (my shoes) on his hands and barking.
-Told my 7 year old "do not put that cricket in your mouth"-and had to say it more than once.
-Grounded my 9 year old after he took his (my old) iPhone to school after being told it stays at home.
-Had a long conversation with all 3 about whether a tree would grow in your stomach if you swallowed an acorn. For the record, I'm not sure I buy the theory that you can get sunlight into your stomach by yawning.
-Watched my very proud 3 year old pull down his pants and pee in the driveway---and didn't correct him. That's a potty training win!
-Found a note my 7 year old wrote that says "I will not play kung fu at recess" 20 times. When asked, he told me he hadn't gotten in trouble, he had just written it all down for "when he needed it".
-Argued with my 9 year old that soccer shorts and a hoodie do not constitute "cold weather clothes" even if you plan run in place constantly to keep warm.

Such is my life right now. 

Sometimes it drives me crazy. Sometimes it exhausts me.
Sometimes I have been known to call a "mommy timeout" and head to the closet for a quick moment to breath and pray. 
And sometimes, when I stop long enough to actually be in and take in the moment,I love it.

These boys are worth the craziness.

I. Am. Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment